Why should I study Sports Studies at Moor Park?
The Sport Studies BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma offers you an exciting opportunity to explore critical issues in the world of sport. Throughout this course you will study engaging units such as sports leadership, sports coaching and sports business. You will also be given the opportunity to develop an understanding of human anatomy and physiology alongside athletic performance enhancement. This course is delivered by passionate teachers who combine theory with practical work, providing you with a variety of perspectives through which to learn about, and reflect on, the role sport plays in society.
What will the course involve?
Learners will study mandatory units:
• Unit 1 Anatomy and Physiology
• Unit 2 Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
• Unit 3 Professional Development in the Sports Industry
• Unit 4 Sports Leadership
• Unit 7 Practical Sports Performance
• Unit 8 Coaching for Performance
• Unit 9 Research Methods in Sport
• Unit 19 Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
• Unit 22 Investigating Business in the Sport and Active Leisure Industry
• Unit 23 Skill Acquisition in Sport
• Unit 5 Application of Fitness Testing
• Unit 6 Sports Psychology
• Unit 10 Sports Event Organisation
• Unit 25 Rules, Regulations and Officiating in Sport
How will I be assessed?
42% External assessment.
Where does this course lead?
Learners who have completed this qualification in two years may progress to further learning at Level 3. The qualification carries UCAS points and is recognised by higher education providers as meeting, or contributing to, admission requirements for many relevant courses. Learners can progress to higher education on full degree single or combined courses,
• BA (Hons) Sports Development and Management
• BSc (Hons) Sports Management
• BSc (Hons) Sports Business Management
• BSc (Hons) Sport and Leisure Management
• BSc (Hons) Sports Science (Outdoor Activities)
• BSc (Hons) Exercise, Health and Fitness
• BSc (Hons) Sport and Exercise Psychology
Learners should always check the entry requirements for degree programmes with the specific higher education providers.
What are the entry requirements for this course?
You will need 5 GCSEs including English and Maths and a keen interest in sport and fitness.
Exam Board: PEARSON