Remote Learning 2023
Moor Park High School and Sixth Form follow the Department for Education guidance ‘Providing Remote Education’ (January 2023)
We firmly believe that attending school is essential for pupils to get the most out of their school experience, including for their attainment, well-being, and wider life chances and that remote learning should not be viewed as an equal alternative to attending school. For this reason, every effort will be made to ensure students can be taught in person at school or, if required, a safe, alternative site. Remote learning is only offered as a very last resort and only for a prescribed short amount of time. Remote learning will only be considered for the following reasons:
- School closures or restrictions on attendance.
- If an individual student has a short term medically evidenced infectious disease
- If an individual student has medical condition and medical guidance has been given that attendance/full attendance at school might inhibit recovery (medical evidence required).
If remote education is to take place for any of the reasons stated above, the following will take place:
- Clear communication with parents and other professionals (including medical professionals) to enter a mutual agreement for remote learning.
- Setting a time limit for remote education.
- Setting a date and time for a review. The efficacy of remote education will be reviews alongside identifying what support can be offered to support transition into school.
If a child is unable to attend school for a long-term period of time, the school will ensure that the student is provided with work each day they are absent. This work will be set using Microsoft Teams and students should ensure they have their personal textbooks to hand as these will be referred to by the class teacher.
Any student who is without ICT provisions during this time will be provided with a Chromebook. Parents can contact school directly on 01772 795428 to request this.
Please click the button below for further details regarding our remote education provision in the event of school closure or a child unable to attend school.