“Excellence in All”
“Our goal is to provide excellent opportunities in an open, positive and purposeful climate for all to achieve their potential, become life-long learners and responsible, enterprising citizens.”
Our School Aims:
We aim to:
- Develop and promote a positive approach to learning.
- Provide high quality teaching.
- Ensure learning experiences engage, challenge and develop all learners.
- Set and encourage high expectations of all learners.
- Enable all learners to make progress, raise their levels of attainment and achieve success in their qualifications.
- Seek to improve the opportunities we provide for all to develop their potential with the support and co-operation of our pupils, parents, governors and the wider community.
Our School Objectives:
The aims set out above are supported by the following objectives:
- To provide an appropriate, relevant and balanced curriculum that enables the spiritual, cultural, moral and personal development of all learners to prepare them for life-long learning.
- To support all learners and staff in a safe, happy and secure working environment.
- To enable all young people to become independent, confident and skilled learners.
- To ensure all learners develop a sense of personal responsibility, self-esteem, self-discipline and respect for others.
- To achieve high quality standards and excellence in all areas of the school.
- To recognise, acknowledge and celebrate the achievements of all.
- To promote racial harmony by encouraging the whole school community to value and celebrate the diverse cultures within our school and beyond.
- To promote equality of opportunity in all aspects of the life of the school.
- To develop effective links with feeder primary schools, partner secondary schools, colleges of further education, universities, local, national and international organisations and businesses to enhance educational and entrepreneurial opportunities.
- To provide opportunities to enable all pupils to grow into successful enterprising young adults, both in their own lives and as citizens of the world.